Services Provided Include:
Admission & Resource Center
The Saint John Vianney Center provides a Resource and Admission Center that is available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. Our compassionate team of Clergy, Religious and Clinical Professionals can provide a confidential assessment, or resources for you concerning a Clergy or Religious member who may be in crisis or having behavioral health or addictive disease related problems.
Please call 888-993-8885 any time for confidential and immediate assistance.
The Saint John Vianney Center provides comprehensive assessment services including:
- Comprehensive Inpatient Evaluation
- Integrated assessment of a person’s spiritual, mental, and physical functioning via use of interviews, psychological measures, and medical procedures by a multidisciplinary team.
- The multidisciplinary team includes a psychologist, psychiatrist, spiritual care advisor, nurse, continuing care coordinator, and internist
- Recommendations for follow up care, including the possibility of referral for residential treatment, are included in the evaluation
- Risk Assessment
- To determine likelihood of future ministerial boundary violations via use of actuarial methods, psychological measures, and polygraph examination.
- Neuropsychological Evaluation
- A thorough examination of cognitive processes including intelligence, memory, attention, and executive functioning
- Seminary and Religious Life Candidate Assessment
- Identifies strengths and weaknesses germane to diocesan and religious formation
The Saint John Vianney Center specializes in treatment for:
Alcohol Dependence and Abuse
Substance Dependence and Abuse
Internet Misuse and Abuse
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
Compulsive Eating/Weight Management
We provide the highest quality of care and excellence through individual and group therapy sessions, regular contact meetings with the diocese or religious community, and continuing care upon discharge.
Religious and clergy are not immune to the possibility of alcohol, drug, pornography, and other addictions. Aware of the unique spiritual, emotional, and medical needs of clergy facing these challenges, the Saint John Vianney Center offers a co-occurring disorders program. Our staff provides a comprehensive, individualized treatment model based on a twelve-step philosophy. The goal is to help those entrusted in our care to make significant behavioral changes that facilitate sober living.
The Saint John Vianney Center provides a Complex and Extended Services program for Clergy and Religious with severe and persistent behavioral health problems. Treatment is provided to increase level of functioning, reduce symptoms and promote recovery through self-management of illness, and improve spiritual wellness. Services include assistance with activities of daily living, medication management and therapeutic recreational activities.
The psychology department at the Saint John Vianney Center consists of a team of licensed psychologists, counselors, and psychotherapists. In psychotherapy, our team works to assist residents to lead happier, healthier, more productive lives. We collaborate with those entrusted in our care to develop unique goals, and help the person learn the insights and skills necessary to meet these goals. Our team utilizes a variety of techniques to create a supportive environment that facilitates open conversation in a non-judgmental setting. We hope, and believe, that at the completion of psychotherapy the person feels much better equipped to cope with life’s challenges.
The Psychiatry Department is intricately involved in every resident’s evaluation and treatment since the identification of a specific psychiatric illness’s presence often has a significant effect on the course of a resident’s evaluation and recommendations for treatment. Each new resident receives a complete psychiatric assessment as part of their comprehensive evaluation. The attending psychiatrist may diagnose a newly emerging or newly identified psychiatric illness or addiction. In other situations, the psychiatrist will make adjustments to treatments the resident may have already begun or will provide appropriate continuing care for psychiatric illnesses that are well-controlled.
The psychiatrists at the Saint John Vianney Center:
- Assist the assessment and treatment teams in evaluating the interactions between medical, physical, and psychological factors within each individual
- Help the team coordinate the mental health care with appropriate medical care. This may be particularly significant, for example, in residents who suffer from chronic pain or other chronic, debilitating illness.
- Help the resident resolve or learn to manage psychiatric symptoms. This is a necessary step in assuring that the resident can engage as fully and effectively as possible in their overall treatment plan.
The staff psychiatrists are on site daily to provide routine care, to participate in treatment planning, and to quickly address urgent matters that may arise in the course of treatment. They have forty years combined experience treating clergy and religious demonstrating their dedication to and interest in our residents’ well-being and ultimate return to active ministry.
The Saint John Vianney Center Nursing Department is comprised of Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses, Certified Nursing Assistants and Mental Health Technicians who provide 24/7 on-site nursing care. The Nursing staff comes from diverse clinical settings bringing experience ranging from behavioral health, addictions and medical nursing, making care possible for patients with a wide array of co-morbid conditions. The nurses are part of the treatment team and function collaboratively with other team members providing holistic care to achieve optimal patient outcomes.
The Nursing Department
- Provides the utmost privacy, security and safety for its patients
- Provides 24/7 on-site nursing care
- Admits residents 7 days per week, 24 hours a day
- Is in contact with physicians 24/7
- Coordinates on-site diagnostic testing, physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy
- Cultivates wellness in a caring environment
- Provides education on weight management, medical aspects of behavioral health and addiction, healthy lifestyles, etc.
- Provides individualized care and treatment
- Utilizes ADA friendly rooms. All rooms are private with a private bathroom
- Realizes the relationship of psychology to medical care
- Recognizes the importance of faith to medical care
The Saint John Vianney Center treatment team includes medical doctors as part of our holistic, inter-disciplinary approach to care for mind, body and spirit. A doctor will meet with the resident to assess their current health condition and can address the entire spectrum of medical issues that may be present or arise. This includes a complete physical exam, requests for lab work or referrals to specialists when necessary and prescription maintenance. The doctor is able to continue existing care, monitors the residents’ condition while they are at the center and makes recommendations for the resident’s wellness plan upon discharge.
The members of the Spiritual Care department aim to accompany the resident along his/her spiritual journey. The Spiritual Advisor helps the resident tend to his/her inner life by offering guidance for prayer, spiritual reading, practice, and integration of the spiritual life with the on-going work of the therapeutic program. Our approach to care begins with value and respect for an individual expression of spirituality. We assist each resident to accept their humanity and life circumstances as part of their conversion story of grace. Residents are challenged to enter into their own life as an incarnational experience blessed and called into the fullness of their unique created goodness.
The Sacramental care of our residents is essential to the care and mission of Saint John Vianney Center. The daily celebration of the Eucharist is the focal point each day. The Sacraments of Reconciliation and Anointing of the Sick are regularly offered along with the Liturgy of the Hours and other enriching spiritual and prayer practices.
Our residents tell us that spending time in our chapel for communal liturgies and private prayer is instrumental in restoring and renewing their relationship with the Lord and providing needed balance in their lives.
Our liturgical opportunities include:
- Daily Celebration of the Eucharist
- Sacrament of Reconciliation
- Sacrament of the Anointing of the Sick: celebrated monthly at Mass and as requested.
- Exposition and Benediction
- Liturgy of the Hours
- Lectio Divina and Devotional prayers
- Reflection and Retreat Days
Activities are an integral part of our holistic and inter-disciplinary approach to improve health in mind, body and spirit. The variety of activities offered provide an opportunity for self-exploration, continued learning, healing, improved self-care and rehabilitation depending on the needs of the resident during their journey to wellness.
- Fitness walking and hiking
- Modified exercise classes
- Strength training and conditioning; trainer on site
- Pilates, Tai Chi; trainer on site
- Indoor and outdoor recreational activities
- Arts and crafts
- Nutritional and wellness counseling
- Healthy cooking
- Working on weight loss and weight management
- Pet therapy; therapy dog on-site
- Trips to explore culture, fine arts and history
The Continuing Care Department at the Saint John Vianney Center assists residents in maintaining their highest level of functioning of physical, behavioral and spiritual wellness for at least one year following discharge from our programs. Each individual is assigned a Continuing Care Coordinator who assists them in developing a continuing care plan prior to discharge. The plan is signed off by the resident and a representative of their leadership team as well as each member of the SJVC inter-disciplinary treatment team. The Continuing Care Coordinator is in monthly contact with the individual and superior, and bi-monthly with the support team, to ensure compliance with the continuing care plan and prescribed outpatient treatment.
The Continuing Care Department of the Saint John Vianney Center:
- Works with our inter-disciplinary assessment/treatment team
- Engages in community consultations, onsite visits or consultation
- Works directly with the individual and their leadership
- Coordinates referrals for discharge
- Works with diocese/community in establishing an integrative support team
Medical Information Systems
The Medical Information Systems Department (MIS) at Saint John Vianney Center is the hospital’s data and information hub handling everything from creation, maintenance and security of all electronic and written medical records to ensuring records are complete, accurate and only disclosed per state, federal and accrediting regulations. Our team, comprised of Medical Records Coordinators, Receptionist, and Director of MIS, Quality & Regulatory Compliance, provide administrative support throughout the hospital to ensure the focus remains on providing outstanding and individualized care.
Obtaining Medical Records
If you would like a copy of your medical record be released to you or to a designated person, complete a Request for Release of Information Form and submit it by mail or fax. Unfortunately, we cannot process verbal requests for disclosure of information. Please note, there may be a fee for providing copies of the medical record. Due to the volume of requests and adherence to regulatory standards, copies of medical records are not immediately available but will be processed as quickly as possible.
Protecting Your Health Information
Saint John Vianney Center is committed to respecting and protecting the rights of our service recipients. The privacy of health information or Protected Health Information (PHI) is very important to us, and we make every effort to ensure that it is kept confidential. The Saint John Vianney Center Notice of Privacy Practices describes how we may use or disclose your PHI and your rights to access and/or change that information.
Telephone: (610) 269-2600
Fax: (610) 873-8028
The SJVC Facilities Management Group are the caretakers of the facility. Facilities is made up of several departments that include: maintenance, housekeeping, security, transportation, dietary, safety and patient safety. Department personnel are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The primary focus of the departments and personnel is the safety and comfort of the resident(s) and staff at the Center.
To learn more about our Inpatient Facility, please call 888-993-8885.