Services Provided Include:
Assessment and Evaluation
Admission and psychological evaluations for :
- Religious Life
- Permanent Diaconate
Comprehensive evaluations of ministry difficulties
Cognitive and emotional screening regarding issues of aging
Incardination and return to ministry psychological evaluations
Psychotherapy and Counseling
The Saint John Vianney Outpatient Department provides high quality psychological and spiritually integrated therapy and counseling services for clergy, men and women religious, and permanent deacons and their spouses.
Typical issues often include:
- Issues related to personal effectiveness (e.g., anxiety, depression)
- Behavioral challenges (eg., substance abuse, gambling, boundary/sexual struggles)
- Interpersonal effectiveness (e.g. anger management, isolation)
- Spiritual issues (e.g., relationship with God, vocational discernment)
For married permanent deacons and married clergy:
- Behavioral and mental health issues within the marriage (e.g. marital stressors, spousal distress)
- Within the family (e.g. conflicts related to child rearing, child developmental concerns).
Types of Professional Services provided include:
- Individual Psychotherapy and Counseling
- Psychiatric Consultations and Medication Management
- Pastoral Counseling and Spiritual Direction
- Drug and Alcohol Counseling
- Anger and Stress Management
- Marital Therapy and Counseling
- Family Therapy and Counseling
- Grief and Trauma Response
For more information or to make an appt call 610.518.2048
Spiritual Direction through Saint John Vianney’s Outpatient Department offers an opportunity to share with another how God is present in and through our prayer and everyday life experiences. Overall, the purpose of direction is to help individuals grow in a personal relationship with God. Spiritual direction can assist an individual to:
- Listen more attentively to God’s voice
- Increase awareness of God’s love and presence
- Find clarity in decision making
- Cope better with the difficulties in life
- Share more deeply in God’s peace
- Move through forgiving self/others
- Express love through service to others
Saint John Vianney Center Outpatient Providers
Karen Cote, IHM, Psy.D.
Patricia Donoghue, Ph.D.
Eric Haas, Psy.D.
Bernadette Hayburn, Psy.D
Ronald Karney, Ph.D., Outpatient Director
Mary Lindsay, SSJ, Ph.D.
Mercedes McCann, RSM, Ph.D.
Anthony Pisa, Ph.D.
Judith Smith, RSM, Psy.D.
Francis Ronkowski, Psy.D.
Sarah Vaghari, Psy.D.
Sr. Koreen Cote, MA
Katherine Dolan, DMin.
Deacon Dan Giblin, CRS
Patricia Fogal, LPC
Erik Ranstrom, Ph.D.
Sr. Anne David Strohminger, OSF, MA