SJVC strives to bring suicide awareness and prevention to the forefront so those who need help-seek it; to support those who have been affected by suicide, and ultimately to save lives. SJVC staff participated in a number of activities this year to raise awareness, and donations, for the cause. For 2022, SJVC raised a record $4689.35!
Our activities included:
- Summer Friday Fun Days
- Out of the Darkness Walk in Philadelphia sponsored by the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- Developing a committee dedicated to raising awareness, combating stigma-especially in the Church, and sharing resources for help and hope!
Important Phone Numbers:
- 911 for an EMERGENCY
- 988 for CRISIS/Suicide Lifeline (New!)
- 800-273-TALK Nat’l Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- Text TALK to 74174 AFSP
- 888.993.8885 Saint John Vianney Center
Clergy and Men and Women Religious can call SJVC to speak to a member of our staff anonymously and confidentially about yourself or a fellow brother or sister who may be struggling mentally or emotionally. We are open 24/7.